Elon Musk - the next Steve Jobs ?Don't be Left in the Dark - Plug your Home into a Battery
ABOUT ELON MUSK
According to Forbes, Elon Musk net worth is approximately $12.9 billion as of May 2015 according to Forbes. South African born now one of America’s most influential men in business circles Elon Musk is a gentleman who since his childhood days has lived to inspire many to outperform their potential and to rise to global significance by grabbing opportunities and converting them to the benefit of humanity.
Elon Musk’s Expanding Empire – the next Jobs, Edison
Nov 16 2015 18:08 *Roy Topol
Elon Musk (David Paul Morris/Bloomberg)
- SA leaders most admired by world’s millennials.
- Who wants to be a millionaire, erm, entrepreneur ? Here’s your guide.
- It's crunch time for Tesla Motors.
- Errol Musk: “Elon was beaten so badly, I couldn’t recognise him.”
- Why Elon Musk has little affection for the brutal land where he grew up.
- WATCH: What's inside Elon Musk's head ? Highly recommended watching.
Elon Musk’s Ventures in Brief
- Zip2 is a web service providing business directories and maps to ecommerce companies. Musk started with a $28 000 investment; his exit value was $22m.
- PayPal is a worldwide online payments system company. Musk invested $12m; his exit value was $250m.
- Musk ploughed his PayPal payout into first SpaceX and then Tesla (concurrent investments) and finally funded SolarCity :
- SpaceX designs, manufactures and launches rockets and spacecraft. Musk’s equity shareholding is estimated at over $3bn.
- Tesla designs and manufactures high-end electric powered vehicles. His shareholding is worth over $7bn.
- SolarCity designs, finances, manufactures and installs solar power utility systems. His shareholding is worth $1bn.